Thursday, April 15, 2010

this that and the other...

Ooooh bad blogger that I am, not posted for a couple of days. I just needed to keep all the Cowboys at the top of the page for as long as possible, lol...

Its really late at night/early in the morning and so I am treating you to a small pot pourri of a "normal" day in my little world...

When I get to work I make The Goddess a cup of tea and leave it on her desk for when she comes in.  I always embellish the cup, somehow, and the more over the top the better. It has then become a standing joke that,once she has stopped laughing, she always asks....."Ooooh which ones mine..?"

It suddenly occurred to me this morning that I had never shown you the delights of her morning cuppa. So I am starting a "mug watch".., lol.  I will post you her decorated mug every day to keep you amused. Sometimes she can hardly drink out of it, and we have to prize a straw through the decorations...


Had a lovely surprise at work as my lovely friend Anne surprised me by coming to the workshop unexpectedly. Anne has been extremely ill with a very very rare disease and will take a couple of years - yes I did say years..!!!, to get better. So it is very hit and miss wether she is ever well enough to attend.  But here she is, transported by the lovely Pat. Everyone in today,s workshop were fabby and we had a lovely day crafting and putting the world to rights..!!


I have been finishing off a magazine article and I am not beyond deadline (for once, lol). I tried to keep it all contained onto one desk, but it still looked as though a bomb had hit...!!






Oooh not sure how those lollipops got in there...!!!!

went round to Bezzie Su's tonight and got into a drawing challenge with her daughter , The gorgeous Georgia..Heres some of my efforts......


Can you tell what they are, lol..?  I thought they were ace and so I,ve drawn a bigger one in my black and white journal.


Sooooooo funny......


I was also measured up for a new dress, to wear at my Soulie nights. I fell in love with this fabric earlier in the week. Not your norm is it..??  But I just love it, and I am mixing it with some black, chiffony, textured rose material. I want a classic style to offset the funky fabric. I originally wanted something very 50's, but I need to be able to dance in it, and lets face it you,ve seen the videos, and I need my legs free for my nifty footwork...lmao...It also needs to be cool and to protect my assets. When you suddenly sprout mahoosive bosoms, after spending your whole life without, if you aren't careful all that energetic cavorting around can lead to unfortunate accidents...!!!!




Read this story by Suzi Blu over on Jenny Dohs, WEBSITE, Crescendoh,and found it extremely interesting.

As many of you know, I was ill for a long time and it was Art which I credit with giving me my life back, not to mention my obvious love and passion..  They were hard times, but so worth it in the end. My illness banged me on the head, turned me around and set me off in a completely different direction. without it there would be no Art from the Heart, no Blonde Moments, no 14 hr days, no married to the job, no massive overdraft..lmao. Life has many strange twists and turns, and I am a strong believer that it's not what life throws at you , its how you deal with it. we should spend less time on regret, for the things we haven,t got, and more time on feeling gratitude, for what we already have. And they are not necessarily material things..!!

Love this song by Paolo Nuttini, it just about sums it up for me.



Enjoy xx

9 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

That fabric is rocking! Love it and want to see the dress when it's done. I've been enjoying the black and white pages simple but effective with just the two colours. Will be enjoying mug watch with my morning cuppa then as well. Take care.

flutterbycrafter said...

Had a really fantastic day Dy, thanks very much for making me so welcome. I loved every thing we did and of course all the chatter and the discussion on the merits of cleaning products and QVC(notice you didn't blog that, lol). Thanks, can't wait to do it all again. Have a good holiday. Love all the doodling by the way. xx

Kirsti said...

I absolutely LOVE that fabric - it is so you... and the outfit sound amazing...hope you get away on your hols ok soon...xoxo

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Hey hun i wish i lived closer so i could join in with your fab classes, looks great fun. That material is fab isnt it i have some at home but just cant bring myself to cut it to make something with it hahahahaha it gets stroked alot though hahahaha

patcrafts said...

Yes we had a brill day doing what we love, I didn't know you were taking photos glad you didn't catch me lol:). Got DH looking on QVC for that cleaning product.
Love the material very striking.
Looking forward to Sunday.
Hugs Pat xx

Virginia said...

Ooh you sound like you're having a "Rocking your World day" loving that fabric - have to see you all dolled up ready for a night out once it's finished! Lovely to see Ann crafting with you again! I've just back home after having a lovely week away with hubby and son - feeling mighty rested which is always good! I agree wholeheartedly that living your life full of regret isn't useful to anyone having time with people you love, enjoying your art work bein able to express yourself through art are all priceless and so very precious!

Hugs

cockney blonde said...

Only 2 more weeks til journalling weekend, yippee.
Check out my perpetual calendar, I finished it, x
http://cockneyblonde.blogspot.com/2010/04/perpetual-calendar.html

Sandra Hall said...

Hey up Dy, looking forward to seeing you doing some nifty footwork in the new dress!
Glad to see Flutterby up there too.
x x

olive said...

love the fabric, i adore skulls! have to find out where you got it...loving the black and white pages too. keep the faith. Ciao

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott