Friday, May 21, 2010

oh you lucky, lucky lady....!!!

So here we are again at the start of one of my favourite weekend workshops...art journaling.  This is the first time we have had art journaling 2, and it was lovely to see everyone back. this weekend sold out straight away back in February, lol, you need to be quick off the block with these things. The evening was spent by everyone re-acquainting themselves, showing the journals they had been working on, much oohing and aahing over the new studio and shop, copious drinking of wine and a tiny bit of work...Sounds par for the course for this lot.!! I have warned them that I will be cracking the whip tomorrow, lmao.

What I didn,t expect was to be showered with gifts. How lucky am I..??

This beautifully wrapped basket was from the lovely Jude ( notice its all wrapped in Cath Kidston paper ).


And it contained, not one, but three of these gorgous porcelain ornaments. My favourite says

"I am hoping for world peace, but I would like something shiny as well.!!"


The lovely Steff brought me some Sennelier oil pastels back from France. Thes are a gorgeous brand to work with. These are the metallics and the effects are to die for.. You get stunning results with them. She also brought me a bottle of Champagne back which I can guarantee you will not last nearly a tad of the time the pastels will, lmao..


The lovely Virginia had made me an inspiration jar


Those of you who don't kn ow, it is a jar filled with loads and loads of prompts and inspiration. The idea being, that you pull one out and work with it. Can,t wait.


And the lovely Mel gave me a gorgeous metal free wrist choker, in my colours, It was only when I got it on that I realised she had actually made it herself, especially for me.



So there we go, hence the blog post title. How lucky am I.  I get so over whelmed when I recieve gifts, that many a time I have been known to cry, lol. I feel soooo privileged to have such wonderful students, many of whom have become friends. Thankyou all of you, there is never a need, but they are soooooooo appreciated. I recieved gifts last Sunday as well and forgot to blog them, how bad is that.?? I am so sorry girlies. The lovely Olive got me the dinkiest rubber duck I have ever seen , it was green and had a D for Dyan on it, and the lovely Sue brought me  a lovely little lapel badge and a sheet of wrapping paper featuring a very rude, but extremely funny place name.  I gave everyone a piece and their challenge was to journal it ready for the next class. Somehow I don,t think I will be airing them on the blog, lmao..

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to each and everyone of you, I salute your thoughtfulness and generosity. Heres to a fabulous weekend.

Enjoy xx

4 comments:

Diane said...

Ooooh! I wish I was there! Have a fabuloso weekend!
Diane x

The Journal Challenge said...

wonderful

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh how fantastic Dyan :)wonderful gifts
Anne xx

olive said...

you are so welcome chuck! maybe one day i will get a WHOLE weekend!!! Ciao xx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott