Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This weeks classes..

...were both based around books, made from scratch. But 2 very different style of books.

The first was one of my faces, a pocketed star book, made from Graphic 45 Steampunk paper. I knew as soon as I saw this paper what I would make out of it. I accessorised it with Dylusions stamps and Tim Holtz Idea-ology charms.






The second book was constructed entirely of Dylusions techniques tag. We spent all morning doing the techniques and generally having a fabulously inky time.

After lunch was all about the construction and home work is to decorate the finished book...watch this space...








There's just something about hand made books and tags and books and flaps and books and pockets and books, isn't there...??

Friday, Saturday and Sunday is the regular art journaling workshops. This will be the last one until I return again in November so don't miss out. This week we will be playing with these little beauties. The classroom stack of my Dylusion spray ink pads. All shiny and new ready to be covered in gorgeous spray inks and played with. Lickitty split I tell you. !!!


Now I know it's early but look what I am working on...


Enjoy xx

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I bought those Steam Punk Graphic papers from you in June, they really are fab for your Star Book.
The Star Book I made with you ages ago is always one of my favourite things, pride of place, have it on show all the time in my craftroom, I love showing it to people and they say "You made that"!
Love your Christmas lady sat on the mushrooms and the sentiment is so funny!! Ha Ha
Debbiex

Louise said...

Fab star book workshop, Dyan, thank you! It's good to understand the mechanics behind making the book and it was even better to use those lush papers and your stamps!

Annette said...

Hi Dyan
Until the TH workshop I didn't know about your work. It's amazing, I've now ordered a journal, paints, stencils and stamps and am itching to get started.
Your amazing. Sandra x

texasbarb said...

Love the star book of spells...i used to make star books...might have to revisit them.

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott