Friday, December 11, 2015

One flight forward, two flights back...


So I landed back home fully intending to keep my feet on solid ground with no gadding about!!

Feet up for a well deserved rest...



Boo was extremely shocked to see me home! He's used to seeing me on a face time screen and not in the flesh lol


 Once he realised it really was me, he refused to move from my side.


Which made drinking tea a bit of a struggle. But was lovely to be loved. Problem was he was still as close 2 hrs later! Bless him.


Being back home was great, I actually manage to get to see my youngest, Emmi's, new house, she's only lived in it for 6 months, but better late than never, don't you think?


I taught a weekend of art journaling at Art from the Heart. We had a fabulous time being Pirates or Princesses.


And I even managed to get some samples done for preview day.



 Everything was going to plan!!!

So you know what's coming next, don't you?

Oh yes, a veritable spanner in the works saw an unexpected trip back across the pond.

There was wailing and gnashing of teeth at the thought, but it had to be done unfortunately. Apologies to everyone who expected me to be at preview, I'm sure you will have a fabulous time without me.

One little one wasn't happy and on the morning of the flight I woke up to this !!!


 Yup, he was clinging on for dear life, even in his sleep. Cue for big fat tears and snotty sniffing.



 The day quickly descended into mayhem as we hit traffic jam after traffic jam on the way to the airport. It is normally a 2 hr journey, but took 4 1/2 !!! With the gate closing in 2 mins, I was dropped off at the airport, up two flights, along the longest corridor ever and threw myself over the barriers at check in. You can imagine how graceful I was !!!! lmao. 
Not sure if they took pity on me or just wanted me to vacate the area, due to embarrassment, but, after a bit of sucking of teeth and chin stroking, I was handed my boarding pass and through security.

Puffing and panting and waddling like a good one I hurtled down to the gate. It was like a ghost town as I rushed up apologising for my lateness and hoping I wasn't holding up the plane.

To my amazement the stewards looked at me strangely and told me to take a seat as boarding hadn't started yet !! Where were all the other passengers I thought, eyeing up the many many vacant seats.
I got my answer as the plane boarded, they were all at home, sensibly tucked up in bed and going nowhere. I have never seen a plane so empty!! Talk about room to spread, we all had two window seats and four middle seats to lie down on as well. Heaven, I thought as I passed out!!

So here I am back at Ranger Headquarters. They were as surprised to see me as I was, but soon got over the shock and bombarded me with tasks.

I also get to test out all the new product for January. Thats what the secret smirk on my face is.


Its all festive here all over the offices. This one is directly outside my door.




I brought tons of English chocolate over for everyone, so I just tipped them all out, shuffled and stuck them back in the boxes randomly.


Some of the girls in the pick and pack, tasting Cadbury's for the very first time...


 While I was in there I quickly picked my Art from the Heart order!!! Don't worry Ben it wasn't me, so everything will be ok.


I was on official video duties today and thats why I look like a demented reindeer on crack. Everything was fine till I went out for lunch and no one bothered to tell me they were still there!!! How ruuuuude.


I swung by the art department to see all the Dylusion style ornaments they had made to decorate their tree.


 Stunning my lovelies


And now I'm back in my office, making swatches and samples for the CHA boards, drinking tea, eating toffees and singing Christmas songs at the top of my voice!!!
I can tell they're glad I'm back

Enjoy xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to do a double take on the tubby time pic! I thought you had dylusions paints in the tub with you! Some day I will get to attend a class with you and meet your sweetness in person! thank you for sharing your goings on! Big hugs and Mushies!

Caroline D. said...

Oh Dyan, you had me laughing so hard with your adventure story! Poor ol' Boo does miss you and I can tell he loves his mommy. So sweet how he stuck to you. Even tho it was an unexpected trip, seems you're having loads of fun. I'm looking forward to the new artsy toys you'll be debuting in January. Hmmm... maybe a sneak peek to us for a Christmas Present?!!? Enjoy your time at HQ and have safe travels back home!

kay(texfolkart) said...

You crack me up!!! I'm sure singing Christmas carols at the top of your voice endeared you to everyone at ranger!!!! See you soon... Mwah

catherine said...

Got to love those Christmas baubles and fabulous pics of your travels.it was nice to have you back home for class today x

Chrissi said...

OMG only just trying cadbrys for the first time? thankfully they have you to show them the way.
Caburys are totally AWESOME! i make sure santa puts a tin of roses chocolatesunder the tree for me every year :-)
PS_ Im in australia. we are blessed with cadburys lol

Kathy said...

You always have me laughing out loud----I wish you lived near me!!! Can't wait to see what CHA has in store for us this year!

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott